Monday 12 March 2012

Friends forever

Hey there,folks!!!! It's been such a long time,I apologize for the delay,but well,I'm here now.So yeah,today I just would like to share my feelings about friendship and talk about a certain person who made my life rock.


I think life's incomplete without friends.Everyone needs someone to talk to,someone they can be free with,someone they can vent to.Some people have dozens of friends,a huge friend circle constantly texting and hanging out 24/7.While that's really nice and proves that they're socialites,or very popular,it doesn't actually give guarantee that any of those friends are going to stick around when needed.True friendship is indeed hard to come by.In today's cut throat competitive world,the rat race is always on and people will go to any extent to come first.If they have to reach the heights of success,they will step on others.I've known people I called my friends,who were totally sweet on the face and were superb telltales behind my back.I've seen people approach when they need something,and when their job is done,they're like,"I'm sorry,who the hell are you?" There are people who are with you  when the going is good,but the moment it gets dark,they leave without looking back once.In such hard times,I'm glad I have a certain person I can count upon truly,and I'm proud to call him my friend.


This guy,let's call him D here,okay? So,D and I are really close friends and I call him my brother even though we aren't really related.But that does not matter.I remember the first time we spoke.This mutual friend of ours,N, had posted a photo on Facebook and I ribbed her about her favorite cricketer not being able to score.D commented that he thoroughly agreed with me,and we had a good laugh.Initially we were a bit awkward because he was shy and didn't know if he was saying the right stuff.I found him weird.But as time passed,we bonded.He and I aren't similar at all,him being so tech savvy,science loving and me-a complete neanderthal having interest only in writing and poetry.But despite all that,he's an awesome friend.You don't always have to find things in common to be close.Sometimes you just feel connected to someone.That's how I feel about D.


I'm not praising D so much because he's my friend.He's really a great person.He's helped me through tough times,supported me throughout everything,with unending patience and loved me more than I deserved.I remember making a terrible mistake,doing something he'd warned me against."Sis,"he'd said,his voice pleading,"Don't do this.It's gonna hurt you." I paid no attention.I told him he was mean and selfish,Turns out I was wrong.And he was right.About everything.For that,I apologize to him once more,though he's already forgiven me,being the kind soul he is.D is one of the most caring,respectful and understanding guys I've ever met.I'm yet to see a person so compassionate that instead of tuning out a friend's pain,he would choose to suffer alongside them instead.


I don't know what I did to be granted the honour of his friendship,but I sure am thankful he considers me a friend.D,I can never,and will never forget everything you've done for me.When you came along,I'd never thought you'd be such an important part of my life.So,this,my brother,my friend,my guide.....this is for you.




When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be a friend
Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.........................

2 comments:

  1. Ah...girl im honoured. This is the nicest thing someone has ever said to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :-) that's sweet of you,you know...to appreciate

      Delete